Are you looking for a new toilet but need help deciding which one to choose? Don’t worry. This ultimate guide to Lowes toilets will help you find the perfect one for your home.
We’ll cover popular WaterSense-certified toilets: American Standard toilets, Project Source toilets, and Kohler toilets so you can make an informed decision. Let’s get started!
Why Picking the Right Toilet Matters
When buying a new toilet, consider factors like water efficiency, size, design, and cost. Water efficiency impacts your utility bills and overall water usage.
Look for WaterSense-certified toilets, as they can reduce water usage by 20% or more compared to standard models.
Water Efficiency: Why It’s Important
Water efficiency is essential for saving money and conserving resources. Some cities even offer discounts on water bills for using water-efficient fixtures like low-flow toilets.
Choosing a WaterSense-certified toilet from Lowes will save money and help preserve water for future generations.
WaterSense Toilets: What They Are
WaterSense toilets are certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as highly efficient, using at least 20% less water than regular models.
Thanks to advanced technologies like dual flush mechanisms and high-efficiency toilet (HET) systems, they offer excellent flushing strength and capacity.
WaterSense Certification Explained
WaterSense is an EPA program that promotes and certifies products that save water while maintaining high performance.
WaterSense-certified products must use at least 20% less water per flush than regular models without sacrificing quality or reliability.
Benefits of WaterSense Toilets
Choosing a WaterSense toilet from Lowes offers many advantages:
- Lower Costs: Save up to 25% on monthly utility bills without sacrificing performance or reliability.
- Improved Performance: Special features like dual flush capabilities let users choose full or partial flushes.
- Increased Lifespan: Water-efficient toilets last longer due to reduced wear and tear on internal components.
- Environmentally Friendly Design: Conserve natural resources and contribute to global sustainability efforts.
Toilet Technologies Explained
Modern toilets come with a variety of features designed to improve performance and reduce water consumption.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular technologies:
- Dual Flush vs. Single Flush: Dual flush toilets offer two levels of flushing power, reducing water usage.
- Single-flush: Single-flush toilets provide one level of flushing power.
- Gravity-Fed vs. Pressure-Assisted Toilets: Gravity-fed toilets rely on gravity to move waste through pipes, while pressure-assisted toilets use pressurized air in special tanks to improve performance without sacrificing water efficiency.
- Bidet Features and Options: Modern toilets may offer options like heated seats, adjustable water pressure & temperature settings, air dryers, and self-cleaning functionalities for convenience and hygiene.
In addition to WaterSense toilets, Lowes also offers a variety of toilet accessories and upgrades that can enhance your experience.
From heated seats and adjustable water pressure settings to air dryers, there are many ways to make your bathroom more comfortable and luxurious.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the available options.
Related: 10 Easy Ways to Unclog a Toilet Fast: No Plumber Required
Toilet Accessories and Upgrades
- Soft-Close Toilet Seats: These seats provide extra comfort and convenience with a slow close motion and shock absorption, protecting your floor from accidental damage.
- Toilet Safety Rails and Support: Installing safety rails and support around your toilet ensures greater stability and protection against falls or slips on tiled or slippery surfaces.
- Touchless Flush Kits: Keep your hands clean by installing a touchless flush kit with built-in sensors to activate flushing without touching potentially contaminated surfaces.
- Heated Seats: Enjoy the warmth of a heated toilet seat for added comfort during cold winter months.
- Adjustable Water Pressure & Temperature Settings: Customize your bathroom experience with adjustable water pressure and temperature settings that can be easily adjusted to suit your preferences.
- Air Dryers: Get a luxurious shower-like experience with an air dryer that quickly and conveniently dries your hands without using energy or paper towels.
A Closer Look at Lowes Toilets: American Standard, KOHLER, and Project Source
When it comes to choosing the right toilet for your home, there are several factors to consider, such as water efficiency, design, and accessibility.
The three popular toilets from Lowes meet these criteria: American Standard Edgemere, KOHLER Highline, and Project Source Pro-Flush.
We’ll discuss their features, differences, and customer reviews to help you make the best choice.
American Standard Edgemere White Elongated Chair Height 2-piece WaterSense Toilet
The American Standard Edgemere is a stylish and efficient toilet perfect for any bathroom. This ADA-compliant toilet ensures comfort and water conservation with an elongated chair height design and WaterSense certification.
Features: The Edgemere boasts a powerful flush, using just 1.28 gallons of water per flush (GPF) while maintaining top-notch performance. It also has a slow-close seat and an EverClean surface that resists stains and odors.
Why it’s the go-to product: This toilet combines style, efficiency, and comfort, making it a popular choice for homeowners looking for an eco-friendly, ADA-compliant option.
- Powerful flush
- EverClean surface
- A bit more expensive than some other options
Customer review 1: “I love my American Standard Edgemere toilet. It looks great in my bathroom, and the water-saving feature is a big plus. The chair height and elongated design make it comfortable to use.”
Customer review 2: “The Edgemere has a powerful flush and stays clean longer. However, the price was a bit higher than I initially wanted to spend, but it’s worth it for the quality and features.”
KOHLER Highline White Elongated Chair Height 2-piece WaterSense Toilet
The KOHLER Highline is an elegant, high-performing toilet that delivers efficiency and comfort. With an elongated chair height design, WaterSense certification, and ADA compliance, this toilet offers the perfect combination of style and function.
Features: The Highline uses 1.28 GPF, ensuring water conservation without sacrificing performance. It also has a quiet-close seat and a durable canister flush valve, providing a powerful and efficient flush.
Why it’s the go-to product: The KOHLER Highline offers a sleek design and exceptional performance, making it a great choice for homeowners who prioritize style, water efficiency, and ADA compliance.
- Powerful flush
- Quiet-close seat
- Higher price tag
Customer review 1: “The KOHLER Highline is a fantastic toilet. I love the quiet-close seat and powerful flush. It’s worth the extra cost for such a high-quality product.”
Customer review 2: “I’m happy with my Highline toilet. It’s stylish and water-efficient. However, the price was a bit steep, but the performance makes up for it.”
Project Source Pro-Flush White Elongated Chair Height 2-piece WaterSense Toilet
The Project Source Pro-Flush is an affordable and efficient toilet option. With an elongated chair height design, WaterSense certification, and ADA compliance, this toilet offers great value without compromising features.
Features: The Pro-Flush uses 1.28 GPF for water conservation and a powerful flush. It also has a durable, scratch-resistant vitreous china construction.
Why it’s the go-to product: The Project Source Pro-Flush is perfect for budget-conscious homeowners who still want water efficiency, ADA compliance, and a comfortable design.
- Durable construction
- Lacks some premium features found in more expensive models
Customer review 1: “The Project Source Pro-Flush is a great value for the price. It’s water-efficient, ADA-compliant, and comfortable to use. I’m very satisfied with my purchase.”
Customer review 2: “This toilet has a powerful flush and is a great affordable option. However, it doesn’t have some of the extra features that more expensive models offer, but it gets the job done.”
When comparing the American Standard Edgemere, KOHLER Highline, and Project Source Pro-Flush toilets, it’s clear that each has its unique features and benefits.
The Edgemere and Highline offer more premium features, such as the EverClean surface and quiet-close seat, respectively, while the Pro-Flush provides excellent value at a lower price point.
Ultimately, the choice depends on your budget, style preferences, and desired features.
All three toilets are water-efficient, ADA-compliant, and feature elongated chair height designs for optimal comfort.
No matter which toilet you choose, you’ll make a responsible and stylish choice for your bathroom.
You might be interested: How to Use a Shower Squeegee for Maximum Efficiency
Comparing the Brands: What Customers Say
When comparing the brands, customers generally find that:
- American Standard and Project Source toilets are more affordable than KOHLER.
- All options are water-efficient, but KOHLER tends to have stronger water-saving capabilities.
- All three brands offer modern and classic designs, but KOHLER is the best choice for style and performance.
- Installation and maintenance are easy for American Standard, Project Source, and Kohler toilets, but Kohler’s touchless flush technology requires a slightly more complex setup.
Selecting the Right Toilet for Your Home
Before purchasing a toilet, consider factors like water efficiency ratings, ADA compliance, budget, installation requirements, and any additional features you want.
Avoid common mistakes like not considering measurement restrictions, choosing cheaper models over more reliable ones, and not researching the brand thoroughly.
Don’t forget to check out our guide on “How to Troubleshoot a Running Toilet Like a Pro” to ensure you’re prepared for any potential issues with your new toilet.
Investing in a high-quality, water-efficient toilet is an excellent way to ensure comfort, convenience, and savings for years to come.
Whether you prefer classic design and features or modern amenities like touchless flushing, the brands discussed offer something special for everyone.
By considering your needs and preferences and the factors mentioned, you can make an informed decision that will last far longer than its initial purchase price.